Orange County Construction Accident Attorneys
Construction sites are likely among the most common locations for severe accidents that pose many forms of danger employees and nearby bystanders. Depending on the circumstances and extent of the injuries, as well as your affiliation to the construction site itself, different laws can apply.
Workers' compensation laws usually apply when employees are injured in a construction accident. However, there are certain cases in which workers can obtain recovery from other parties who may be deemed liable. Referred to as a third party action, this enables the injured party to receive both a workers' compensation claim and a claim against the negligent party.
Innocent bystanders can also be the victims of construction accidents. In these cases, the injured party may have the right to file a personal injury lawsuit to recover compensation. A Lake Forest premises liability attorney from our firm can help you file a claim.
There are numerous injuries that can occur on a construction site, including falls, accidents on scaffolding, electrocution, improperly braced trenches, and accidents involving heavy machinery, among others.
What to Do After a Construction Accident
- If you work on the site, report your injury as soon as possible to your manager or employer
- Bystanders should report the accident to the site manager, paramedics, or police, as soon as possible
- Seek immediate medical attention
- Take down the contact information, including names and phone numbers, of any witnesses
- Take photos of the accident site and your injuries to preserve the evidence
- Keep or make note of faulty equipment, if it was involved in the accident
- Do not discuss the accident or negotiate with the liable parties before speaking to an Orange County personal injury attorney
Figuring out who is liable in a construction accident is sometimes complex, as there are usually many parties involved. These include the owner of the land, sub-contractors, general contractors, material suppliers, engineers., and architects. Accidents should be thoroughly investigated as soon as possible and all evidence should be properly analyzed. At the Law Offices of J. Christian Conrad APC, our Lake Forest construction accident lawyers will review the scene, photographs and reports, and consult with witnesses and experts, when needed.
Call us at (949) 855-0600 to get started.