Laguna Hills Bicycle Accident Lawyers
Taking a Team-Based Approach to Law
There can be a great risk posed to bicycle riders as they are exposed to severe injuries when involved in accidents with other larger and faster moving vehicles. Head and brain injuries tend to represent a majority of injuries that occur in bicycle-related accidents - and they are also among the most dangerous. These injuries are the leading cause of permanent disability and death in bicycle accidents.
There are many different reasons a bicycle accident may occur, including rider error, negligence of a motorist, uneven pavement and over environmental hazards, or even the mechanical failure of the bike itself.
The injuries resulting in these accidents can include:
- Back and neck trauma
- Head injury
- Disability lasting for years, or even permanently
- Dislocations and fractures
I've Been Injured in a Bicycle Accident. Now What?
If you have been involved in an accident with a bike, take the following steps to ensure both your physical and legal needs are addressed:
- Seek out necessary medical attention as quickly as possible, and be thorough in your description of the accident to your doctors.
- File a police report immediately.
- Describe every symptom that is presenting, regardless of how minor it may be.
- Thoroughly document the scene of the accident, the damage to your property, and your injuries with photo evidence, notes, and the contact information of any witnesses on the scene.
- Do not apologize, admit fault, or negotiate with the other parties involved or the insurance company.
Schedule your free consultation today at (949) 438-2660 to speak to our team of Laguna Hills bicycle accident lawyers. We can help!