Laguna Hills Automobile Accident Lawyers
Skilled & Experienced Representation
As with other types of negligence, negligence involving motorists consists of three elements:
- A defendant’s legal duty to use due care;
- A breach of that duty; and
- The breach is the proximate cause of the plaintiff’s injury.
A motorist is required to exercise reasonable care in the operation of a vehicle on the roadway. He or she is required to use the degree of care that would be required of a reasonably prudent driver acting in similar circumstances. Generally, for a motorist to meet the test of reasonable care, he or she must maintain a reasonable lookout for traffic and must keep his or her vehicle under such control that to avoid a collision he or she could stop as quickly as required by eventualities that would be anticipated by an ordinarily prudent driver in the same situation.
Call our Laguna Hills automobile accident lawyers today at (949) 438-2660!
In addition to the care that must be exercised while driving, all motorists also have a duty to maintain their automobile in a safe operating condition. This includes proper mechanical maintenance as well as proper equipment, such as shocks and/or tires with sufficient tread and tire pressure.
If you have been involved in an automobile accident you may be entitled to compensation by the negligent party's insurance company. If that party is uninsured or underinsured, you may also be entitled to compensation from your own insurance company, depending on your policy. In either case, you should never proceed with a negligence claim or discuss your claim with an insurance adjuster without first obtaining legal advice. Insurance companies often try to prematurely entice settlements with injured parties, which in the long run, can cause your case to be significantly undervalued.
Frequently, the first weeks after an accident, you may find that witnesses are difficult to find or have become forgetful, or critical physical evidence may be lost. At Geller | Conrad | Duvel LLP, we will promptly investigate an accident to assess and determine fault. We will analyze all the evidence and speak to witnesses while their recollection is still fresh.
Below is a list of things you should always do after an accident:
- Make sure that the police, sheriff or CHP are called to the scene and that a traffic collision report is filed.
- Write down the names, addresses and telephone numbers of all witnesses to the accident.
- Obtain the name, address, telephone number, driver’s license number, insurance information, the vehicle make and model, and the vehicle license plate number of all other persons involved in the accident.
- Take photographs of the accident scene, including photos of all the vehicles involved.
- Take photographs of your vehicle before it is repaired or declared a total loss.
- Take photographs of your injuries immediately after the accident, as well as subsequent photographs of your injuries as they heal.
- Obtain medical attention immediately and tell your physician exactly how the injury occurred. Be precise in your explanation, as bad descriptions in medical records can become a problem down the line.
- Always describe all symptoms and complaints, no matter how minor they may seem at the time.
Geller | Conrad | Duvel LLP is proud to represent clients who are victims of automobile, motorcycle or truck accidents, and as accidents resulting from design flaws or faulty manufacturing in automobiles and trucks, such as defective gas tanks, tires or seat belts.
Any injuries sustained during an automobile accident have the potential to be life-altering. There are many different types of severe injuries which could result, including head trauma, spinal cord injury, broken bones, paralysis, dislocated limbs, internal organ damage, internal bleeding, whiplash, or burns. At Geller | Conrad | Duvel LLP, our Laguna Hills car accident attorneys understand how important it is that you be able to pay for the medical care you need, as well as continue paying for day-to-day expenses while you are unable to work. We work to help you achieve this, as well as ensure that you get the necessary assistance promised by your insurance company so that your injury is fully treated as necessary. Our dedicated team can sit down with you to discuss your unique circumstance and help you to understand the options available to you.
Call our offices today at (949) 438-2660 to schedule your free consultation!