Santa Ana Wage & Hour Dispute Attorneys Servicing Orange County

Our economy is based on the idea of one receiving pay for the work they do. While it may seem like a given that employers need to provide employees with all the money which they have been promised, the sad truth is that disputes over unpaid wages occur far too frequently. If your employer has failed to pay you for the hours you have worked, to reimburse you for expenses, has not paid you overtime, or has withheld other monies you’re entitled to then the legal system is able to protect you. Our Santa Ana wage and hour dispute attorneys handle such matters on behalf of employees. Call today to speak with a lawyer. We also service Anaheim, Irvine, and the rest of orange County.

Orange County employment lawyers handling wage disputes on behalf of employees

There are many instances in which an employer may attempt to not pay the full amount owed to an employee. Common examples of such disputes include:

  • Designating an employee as exempt from overtime when they are not
  • Employees not receiving required rest and meal breaks
  • Employers not reimbursing employees for work related expenses
  • Violations of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) or other California laws
  • Unpaid or underpaid wages
  • Withholding tips from employees illegally
  • An employee not receiving accrued vacation pay or accrued sick pay
  • Misclassifying an employee as an independent contractor
  • An employer failing to pay minimum wage when required to do so

Violations of these types of issues can result in the employee not receiving the money to which they are entitled, the employee receiving 25 percent of a civil penalty paid by the employer (with the other 75 percent going to the state), as well as attorney’s fees.

An employee who has not been paid what they are owed may file a wage collection lawsuit under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA). The case may be filed as an individual action (meaning by one employee only) or as a “collective action” by a group of employees. The type of evidence needed to prove the case will depend on the specifics of the claim. The employees’ attorney will be able to engage in a process known as “discovery,” which is how information is gained from the other side. Once discovery has been completed then the matter will proceed to trial at which a jury will decide whether the employer should be held liable and the amount of money to be paid. This can be a highly complicated process and it is strongly suggested that an attorney be retained.

Our Santa Ana attorneys assist those who have not been paid the wages and money they are owed by an employer. We will use your initial consultation to gain an understanding of what has happened and to help you determine whether or not you have a valid claim. We will contact the employer regarding what you are owed and, if a settlement cannot be reached, we will quickly file a lawsuit on your behalf. We will use the discovery process to gather internal timekeeping records, employment logs, expense reports, and other information necessary to show the amount you are owed and what it is you should be paid. Our firm will ensure that you know what to expect from the process, that you are prepared for trial, and that your rights are protected from beginning to end. Contact us today.

Santa Ana attorneys servicing those in Anaheim, Irvine, and elsewhere who have not received their full pay

If you performed work then you have a right to receive your full pay. Unfortunately you are now in a situation where you didn’t get what you deserved. We strongly believe that all of our clients are entitled to the highest level of service and we work to ensure that you do receive such service. Our attorneys will promptly respond to your phone calls, quickly answer your emails, and ensure that they are available to answer your questions. We recognize that many people continue to struggle since the “Great Recession” and if you have done work that you need to be paid for it. We are ready to assist you.

We service Aliso Viejo, Anaheim, Buena Park, Costa Mesa, Dana Point, Fountain Valley, Fullerton, Garden Grove, Huntington Beach, Irvine, La Habra, Ladera Ranch, Laguna Beach, Lake Forest, Laguna Niguel, Lake Forest, Mission Viejo, Newport Beach, Orange, Placentia, Rancho Santa Margarita, San Clemente, San Juan Capistrano, Santa Ana, Tustin, Westminster, and Yorba Linda.

Take Immediate Steps Toward Protecting Your Best Interests

    • Please enter your name.
    • This isn't a valid phone number.
      Please enter your phone number.
    • This isn't a valid email address.
      Please enter your email address.
    • Please make a selection.
    • Please enter a message.
Put Us On Your Side